Motto: “I am the Way, the Truth and Life”
The “Lanterian Voice” Newsletter, founded in 2004, presents News and Events.
The AIMS of the LANTERIAN VOICE Newsletter are to:
- Strengthen the relationship and friendship between us – the Oblates of the Virgin Mary (OMV) in Nigeria – and our families, friends, benefactors/benefactresses, and other peoples - in Africa and worldwide – interested in the life, charism and activities of our Congregation.
- Promote the bond, and enhance communication between the Oblates of the Virgin Mary in Nigeria and our Confreres in other parts of the world.
- Provide, disseminate and promote information, news and formation of persons on matters relating to the vocation, spirituality and apostolic activities, in a word the charism of the of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary, particularly in Nigeria, Africa.
The REASONS for and SIGNIFICANCE of this name, LANTERIAN VOICE, are the following:
- Firstly, Lanterian Voice, because we wish to echo the voice of the Founder of our Religious Family, Venerable Fr. Pius Bruno Lanteri. His desire and apostolate were to spread the Gospel and Christian faith. The whole world was his home and he desired that through his voice, Jesus Christ be heard in every country and from every country. The resounding of the voice of Fr. Lanteri comes in many ways, this time it is through a newsletter.
- Secondly, it is necessary to specify the part of the world from where we are speaking . In fact, there are many other religious Congregations and Orders in the Catholic world that bear the name “Oblates”. Moreover, the Congregation of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary is present in several countries of other Continent. We speak from Africa, particularly Nigeria.
- Thirdly, since we live, work in and communicate from Nigeria-Africa, we will report and shares views or opinions, experiences and happenings from and /or concerning this region.
Through the Lanterian Voice, Ven. Lanteri lives on, speaks to you and me and accompanies us in our journey of faith, joy and hope, as we try to proclaim Truth and Mercy of Christ. Through this newsletter, our life and mission as Oblates of the Virgin Mary will be gradually unfolded. We trust you can help us to advance in this journey.